At the moment, the UAE economy is doing well with a forecasted growth of 3.7% in 2019. Much of this has to do with the emirate becoming an attractive business environment which brings in large amounts of foreign investment thanks mostly to the Free Zones. Dubai’s Jebel Ali industrial area, for example, is a prime location to set up business by providing jafza-registered companies “[a platform] with all the ingredients for success, to reduce cost and maximize revenue, by giving efficient access to markets, suppliers, and capital,” said Salma Ali Saif bin Hareb, CEO Economic Zones World, the parent company of Jafza.
Dubai’s Jebel Ali Freezone (JAFZA) has been deemed one of the world’s best free zone in 2017 based on its outstanding logistics infrastructure, support and communication-related services.
Jebel Ali Free Zone is a cost-effective business set-up free zone with approved size office units and warehouses to provide ready-built amenities to customers and an exceptional package of benefits to its investors. JAFZA has emerged as one of the main drivers of Dubai’s economy having lately contributed as much as 21 percent of emirate’s GDP. Growth is still happening as new investors see value from taking on warehouses and such facilities to host services dedicated to logistics and warehousing.
Free zones like Jebel have been established in order to attract business – foreign investors and entrepreneurs. The facility has been designed with the unique needs of trading companies in mind. The location provides a smooth movement or transportation of goods thanks to first-class sea, air, land and rail connectivity options.
The JAFZA Free trade zone in Dubai offers the following benefits to owners:
- 100% foreign ownership of the enterprise
- 100% import and export tax exemptions
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Corporate tax exemptions for up to 50 years
- No personal income taxes
- 0% import or re-export duties
- No currency restrictions
- Free customs duty benefits to expatriate investors
Note: Free zones in Dubai are managed and operated by free zone authority that offer and manage business licenses to foreign-owned businesses.
So, why Jebel Ali Free Zone?
- Is known as a world class infrastructure with proximity to local ports and airports.
- It’s become a coveted destination for international business.
- Is today the largest free zone in the MENA region.
- Offers exciting and unlimited possibilities for business development.
- Provides one of the world’s best service driven and customer centric locations.
- An ideal place for trade. A globally renowned commercial and industrial hub.
- Offers pre-built modern warehouses ready to be leased, office space in various sizes to accommodate the requirements and terms of any company of any size. Plus, has reserved plots of land for large-scale projects such as manufacturing and extensive warehousing.
- Its holds a distinction of being first Free Zone to be ISO Certified in 1996.
Such reasons make Jebel Ali one of the most sought-after Free Zone locations in Dubai.
Of course, there are many other options available in the area. With the right help, the undertaking can be a straightforward process. Feel free to contact us to find out more about this opportunity to jump-start your business, as company formation requires local knowledge of all the best possible alternatives available to the business owner and the many registration, banking, residency requirements.