Are you interested in a job at the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi? Some job offers are not only for U.S. citizens.
The United States has enjoyed warm relations with the UAE since 1971. The U.S. was the third country to establish formal diplomatic relations with the UAE and has had an ambassador resident in the UAE since 1974.
The new embassy compound is the third building housing the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi. The new building expresses strong, enduring relationship between the two countries.
For those interested in jobs at the U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi, the ONLY way they offer jobs is via the process and job announcements here
Jobs are NEVER offered via LinkedIn or other means.
They do not answer job questions via Facebook, but please visit the following links for job availability.
- V-15-080 Maintenance Technician, closing date: July 23, 2015
- V-15-076, Political/Economic Assistant, closing date: August 29, 2015
- V-15-067 General Services Specialist, closing date: June 29, 2015
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Applicants must submit a current resume or curriculum vitae in a Microsoft Word format.
- All applications must be submitted via e-mail to: AbuDhabiRecruitments@state.gov
- Only apply to an open job announcement. Clearly mark the position title and vacancy announcement number in the subject line of the e-mail. Unsolicited applications resumes are not considered.
- Do not send the resume multiple times. If changes are made to the resume, sending one update is acceptable, with a note identifying the resume as updated. If interested in two or more jobs then submit a separate application for each vacant position.
- Applications exceeding 1 MB size limit are not accepted.
- Unless the job announcement requests additional, specific documents, do not submit anything but the resume (candidates claiming US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application). Additional documentation will be requested only if selected for an interview.
- Upon submission of applications, applicants receive an auto-reply from system intake as a receipt confirmation of their applications.
- Due to the high volume of applications, the Human Resources Office is unable to respond to all queries individually. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted by the Human Resources Office on the outcome of the selection process. View a graphical representation of the selection/hiring process.
Applications received after the closing dates are not considered.
- When fully qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members and US Veterans are given hiring preference. Therefore, it is essential that the applicants clearly indicate their status in the text or subject line of their applications.
- Please note that short listing and interviews are normally completed within four to five weeks of the closing date. Please assume that your application has been unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within five weeks of the closing date.